Kids' Challenge 5k 10k 15K
Sunday, April 17, 2016
- Runner Instructions
- View the Final Instructions PDF file for the event
- General Information
- The Pleasanton Run for Education Kids' Challenge is a fun sprint through the grounds of the Alameda County Fairgrounds. The Kids' challenge races will be either 1k or 1/2k. Kids can choose to run distance or run both distances for the price of one. This event is open to kids under 12 years old.
- Start Time
- The Kids' Challenge starts at 9:00am at the Alameda County Fairgrounds (4501 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton CA)
- The 1k distance will begin at 9:00am. We will start with kids 6 and under followed by kids 7-12. The 1/2k distance will begin at 9:15. We will start with kids 6 and under followed by kids 7-12.
- Look for signs in the kids expo area for the appropriate distance and ages groups.
- Registration is now closed.
- Late / In Person registration* will be accepted at Packet Pick Up, held at Pleasanton ClubSport, on Friday, April 10 from 3-8PM and Saturday, April 11 from 12:00 PM (Noon) to 3:00 PM. Cash, check and credit cards accepted. Late/In Person registration* will be accepted on Race Morning from 6:00 AM to 7:15 AM (through 8:45 AM for the Kids Challenge). Late registration will be held under the white tent near the Yellow Gate and the Starting Line, at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. Cash, check and credit cards accepted.
- Download the PDF entry form and fill out before attending packet pick up or race day to save time.
- Early registration until March 9th $16
- March 10th to April 8th $18
- In Person at Packet Pick-up $19
- In Person on Race Day $20
- Discounted pricing available to children registering for BOTH the 5K and Kids' Challenge events.
- Kids' Challenge participants receive a custom shirt, finisher medal, goody bags, post race food and entertainment.
- Bib Pick-up & Expo
- Packet pick-up will take place on April 10th & 11th at ClubSport Pleasanton, 7090 Johnson Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588
- On Friday, April 10th, packet pick-up will be open from 3pm-8pm.
- On Saturday, April 11th, packet pick-up will be open from 12pm-3pm.
- Course Description and Map
View the 2015 Kids 1k course map.
View the 2015 Kids 1/2k course map.
- Plenty of complimentary parking will be available at the start/finish line at the Alameda County Fairgrounds.
- Parking in the small lot across from the yellow (main) gate of the fairgrounds on Pleasanton Ave (entrance on W. Angela St.) is expected to fill quickly. For best availability, please use the large fairgrounds parking lot accessed through Gate 8, on Valley Avenue one block north of the Valley/Bernal intersection.
Please Note: Shirts and sizes cannot be guaranteed for late (packet pick up or race day) entrants.