Sunday, April 14, 2013
(2014 info coming soon!)
- General Information
- The Pleasanton Run for Education 5K offers a family-friendly race from the Alameda County Fairgrounds through downtown Pleasanton.
- Start Time
- The 5K starts at 7:45am at the Alameda County Fairgrounds (4501 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton CA)
- Online registration is provided by our Race Coordinator, On Your Mark Events, at Active.com. Online registration is now closed, but you may still register in person for the event.
- A registration flyer is also available to download, print and send via postal mail.
- Early registration until April 10th $34
- April 11th to Race Day $40
- Discounted rate is $20 for each additional family registrants (up to 4 total)
- PUSD employees will receive a 50% discount on their registration (applies to PUSD employees only). PUSD ID required at packet pick-up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your discount code for online registration.
- 5K entry fee includes custom t-shirt, goody bags, post race food and entertainment.
- Race Timing
- On Your Mark will provide disposable Jaguar Chip Timing - no need to return your chip after the event.
- Overall mens' and womens' 5K winners receive a custom trophy. Medals to the top 3 in each age division (13 & under, 14-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+)
- Bib Pick-up & Expo
- Packet pick-up will take place on April 12th & 13th at ClubSport Pleasanton, 7090 Johnson Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588
- On Friday, April 12th, packet pick-up will be open from 3pm-8pm.
- On Saturday, April 13th, packet pick-up will be open from 12pm-5pm.
- Zumba Fest for Schools
- ClubSport is hosting a two-hour fundraiser, "Zumba Fitness Fest for Schools" on Friday, April 12, 7-9pm. This Zumba fitness party is open to the public.
- Race participants may add a discounted ($15) Zumba Fest ticket when registering for the race.
- Additional Zumba Fest tickets may be purchased online at Zumba4Schools.eventbrite.com.
- Course Description
- Beginning at the Alameda County Fairgrounds, the 5K course travels through the streets of downtown Pleasanton to pass under the iconic Pleasanton arch before turning on Del Valle Ave. A brief loop through the neighboring streets leads back to Rose Ave before returning to the Alameda County Fairgrounds for the finish!
- Course Map & Elevation
- Visit http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5768323 to view a detailed course map and elevation info for the 5K run.
- Plenty of free parking will be available at the start/finish line at the Alameda County Fairgrounds.
- Parking is available in the lot across from the yellow (main) gate of the fairgrounds on Pleasanton Ave - the entrance to this parking lot is on W. Angela St. If the parking lot at the intersection of W. Angela and Pleasanton Ave is full, parking will be available at Gate 8. The entrance to Gate 8 is off Valley Ave.